CAREER and COLLEGE EXPLORATION
- UC application filing period is open August 1, 2018, to November 30, 2018.
- Meet with your counselor for senior credit checks.
- Ask teachers and counselors for letters of recommendation if applicable.
- College & Career Fair - Thursday, September 20, 2018, 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm, at Golden Valley High School.
- Cash for College Night - Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm, at College of the Canyons. Free and open to the community.
- Make a professional email that you check often for colleges to contact you (a good suggestion is your name @ any email server).
- Visit your counselors for info on colleges, scholarships, test registration and the college application process.
- Scholarship Workshop (see your counselor for more information).
- Review transcript with your counselor. Keep a printed copy for reference.
- CSU application filing period is open October 1, 2018, to November 30, 2018.
- Last chance to register for the ACT/SAT. Please visit: www.act.org and www.collegeboard.org.
- November 30, 2018 is the last day to submit UC/ CSU applications.
- Applications available from the Santa Clarita Scholarship Foundation.
- Last chance to take the SAT or ACT to submit to colleges. Be aware of test registration dates.
- Community college application filing period opens. Apply through www.cccapply.org
- Ask your community college if they offer a College Promise Program which provides first-time, full-time college students with their first-year tuition-free.
- Notification of college admissions decision begins.
- Continue applying for scholarships and other student aid programs.
- Application deadline for FAFSA and Cal Grants.
- ASVAB testing (see your counselor for more information).
- Deadline to submit FAFSA application (March 2, 2019).
- Visit campuses during spring break, then make your final acceptance decision.
- Make sure to check the portal of your selected school, there are many deadlines you must meet to secure your enrollment.
- Deadline to submit Statement of Intent.
William S. Hart Union High School District Career & College Readiness