Pathway To My Future

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle

Financial Aid Information

California Colleg Funding

Hosted by Assemblymember Reggie Jones-Sawyer, Sr

California offers multiple ways to gain access to financial support for college.


In order to qualify, students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application by June 30, 2021.


The California Student Aid Commission is offering free online workshops to help students complete their application. At these workshops, advisors will be available to discuss financial aid opportunities and assist students with completing the FAFSA.


The office of Assemblymember Reggie Jones-Sawyer will be hosting a webinar on Monday, January 25, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. via Zoom.


Register for the seminar at


Once completed, a member of our team will email you information to access the webinar. Please sign up to gain knowledge on the Cal Grant Program and other programs such as the DREAM Act and The Middle-Class scholarship.

What to Have Available During the Webinar:

  • Tax Returns
  • FSA ID (for FAFSA applicants)
  • Social Security Card or number, if you have one
  • Alien registration number, if you have one
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) - yours and/or your parents’
  • List of colleges you are interested in attending
  • Most current 2020 bank statements
  • Parents’ most current 2020 bank statements
  • Any records of untaxed income such as welfare benefits
  •  Social Security benefits, or child support payments
  •  2020 W2’s or income information
  • Parent’s 2020 W2’s or income information
  • Driver’s License, if you have one

RSVP Online

Zoom Login

Meeting ID: 982 2312 2913        

Passcode: 864776

** For questions contact Destyni Freese at [email protected] or call at (213) 744 - 2111.

Presentado por el Asambleísta Reggie Jones-Sawyer, Sr.

California ofrece múltiples formas de acceder apoyo financiero para la universidad.

Para calificar, los estudiantes deben completar la Solicitud Gratuita de Ayuda Federal para Estudiantes (FAFSA por sus siglas en inglés) o la Solicitud de DREAM Act antes del 30 de junio de 2021.

La Comisión de Ayuda Estudiantil de California ofrece talleres gratuitos para ayudar a los estudiantes a completar su solicitud. En estos talleres, habrá asesores disponibles para discutir las oportunidades de ayuda financiera y ayudar a los estudiantes a completar FAFSA.


La oficina del Asambleísta Reggie Jones-Sawyer organizará un seminario en línea el lunes 25 de enero de 2021 de 5:30 p.m. a 7:30 p.m. a través de Zoom. Registrate para el seminario en


Una vez completado, un miembro de nuestro equipo te enviará información por correo electrónico para acceder al seminario. Registrate para obtener conocimientos sobre el programa Cal Grant y otros programas como DREAM Act y la beca The Middle Class.

Que traer:

  • Declaraciones de impuestos
  • FSA ID (para solicitantes de FAFSA)
  • Tarjeta o número de Seguro Social, si tiene uno
  • Número de registro de extranjero, si tiene uno
  • Número de identificación personal del contribuyente (ITIN): el suyo y / o el de sus padres
  • Lista de universidades a las que le interesa asistir
  • Estados de cuenta bancario más actuales de 2020
  • Estados de cuenta bancario más actualizados de tus padres de 2020
  • Cualquier registro de ingresos no tributables, como beneficios sociales
  • Beneficios del Seguro Social o pagos de manutención infantil
  • Información de ingresos o W2 de 2020
  • Información de ingresos o W2 2020 de los padres
  • Licencia de conducir, si tiene una

RSVP Online

Zoom Login

Meeting ID: 982 2312 2913         

Passcode: 864776

** Para preguntas contacte a Destyni Freese a [email protected] o llame al (213)744-2111.

Understanding Financial Aid
presented by COC Office of Financial Aid

Net Price Calculator Center Federal law requires colleges and universities to provide prospective students with a way to figure out their financial aid eligibility and "net price calculators" are the most common tool. Net price calculators are available on a college’s or university’s website and allow prospective students to enter information about themselves to find out what students like them paid to attend the institution in the previous year, after taking grants and scholarship aid into account. There isn't one "calculator" and some are easier to use than others. This link takes you to the federal government's search engine. Enter the name of the school and your result will most likely open in a new tab showing a page linked to the school's website.

US Dept of Education College Affordability and Transparency Center shows the actual cost of attending specific colleges including tuition, fees, books, etc. The College Scorecards are accessed through this site.

FAFSA4caster provides basic information and helps you estimate your eligibility for federal student aid. 

FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. We recommend that all graduating seniors and their families complete the FAFSA. Whether you think you qualify or not for federal aid, many colleges, universities, and organizations use the information from your FAFSA to determine whether you receive any type of financial award from them. You can start your application beginning OCTOBER 1st and you should apply early. Some awards are given on a first-come, first-serve basis and you may miss an opportunity if you wait. The FAFSA website is comprehensive and if you need help, there are a couple of ways to get help. Go to to apply.

The CSS Financial Aid Profile is a College Board fee-based service that some colleges and universities require you to complete to apply for non-federal financial aid and scholarship programs. Before completing the application, check the Admission's or Financial Aid Office's website for each school to which you applied to verify if it is necessary. There is a fee for this service.

Western Undergraduate Exchange provides information about the requirements and procedures for getting your tuition REDUCED at specific schools in western states.

CalGrants are funded by the State of California and are for students who will attend a qualifying California college (includes COC), university, or career or technical school. You must FIRST apply for a FAFSA in order to apply for a Cal Grant. In the FAFSA, students must put a California school in the FIRST spot on the college list in order to be considered for a CalGrant. If you don't put a CA school first, you won't be considered for a CalGrant. FAFSA sends your information to the schools on your list. The other component for the CalGrant is a GPA verification. The Hart District will submit GPA verification directly to the Student Aid Commission by the October 1st deadline. You do NOT need to submit a paper verification form from your school.